The two MOST IMPORTANT things to do, WITHIN 30 DAYS, if you get injured at work, or have a work-related illness, in Texas:

1) Report the injury to any person in a supervisory/managerial position, such as a foreman, supervisor, manager, safety person, or human resource person (keep a record of who you report the injury/illness to, the date, the time, and exactly what you tell them. Be sure the person you report to understands that you are reporting a work-related injury (or illness). If the employer requires a written report, make sure you get a copy of the report), and

2) Locate your state’s worker’s compensation field office and report the injury to them (where and when and how it happened). They will also inform you of your rights are and what benefits you may be entitled to.

If you live in a state other than Texas, call your state’s worker’s compensation office to find out what you, as an injured worker, are required to do, and to find out what your rights are, and what benefits you may be entitled to.

Written by

Barbara S. Cady, a Parralegal Assistant for Thomas Barnes, Attorney at Law

Injured workers in Texas
Injured on the job in TX
Work injuries in Texas
Work-related injury
Injured worker’s rights in Texas
Work accident
Hurt at work in TX
Hurt on the job
Work-related illnesses
*on the job in Texas only

A very good Workers Comp Attorney is:

Barnes Law Firm, Thomas Barnes, Attorney and Counselor at Law member of the Texas Workers Compensation Commission Lawyers Association.